The Top 5 Activities in Andros island: A complete Guide by Aegea Blue Resort!
Holidays are relaxing but visiting an island is much more. Among the first questions raising when visiting a destination are what to do, where to go, what not to miss and which are the top activities to do to come even closer to secrets and the beauty of your destination. In today’s blog post we are exploring the top 5 andros activities to do. Let’s start.
1. Hiking. This is probably the most famous activity in Andros as here you will find a lot of designated paths to follow and unfold the unique beauty of Andros’ nature. For example, the path starting from Aegea Blue Resort to Mikrogiali in approximately one hour. This is a route that passes through the river and slopes to reach the beach of Mikrogiali where you can swim and rest.
2. Water Sports. The winds blowing in Andros’ beaches are the best place to enjoy summer sports like kite surfing, windsurfing and water ski. As for diving, all the beaches of Andros are ideal to enjoy your favourite sport and explore the underwater beauties of Andros.
3. Sightseeing. Starting from Andros’ capital, it is all about art and tradition at the same time. The museums of Andros (find them in detail in a previous blog post) are narrating the ancient history of the island reaching up to today with modern art museums exhibiting paintings by artists like Picasso and Miro.
4. Yachting and Cruises. Andros’ island long tradition in navigation and the active yacht club of Andros is making the island a paradise for all kind of sailors. In addition, the proximity to other famous islands of the Cyclades makes Andros the ideal starting point for cruises to Tinos, Mykonos and many more destinations in the Aegean.
5. The villages. Andros has a number of villages that worth your attention and a visit; some by the sea with beautiful view and others on the slopes of mountains with beautiful nature surrounding the villages of Korthi, Batsi, Gaurio, Messaria. Don’t miss the chance to discover the tastes of Andros’ in restaurants and tavernas.
There is fishing of course that you can enjoy in Zorgos bay where the Aegea Blue Cycladic Resort is located and many more andros activities to enjoy . All you have to do is ask our people for more details and arrangements!